A Kiss is a kiss is a kiss... Not!
"You must remember this A kiss is just a kiss. A sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply As time goes by."
More from YourTango: Power Women: 4 Must-Know Dating Secrets Of Successful Ladies
Beautiful song, but it's a bit misleading. The truth is that a kiss isn't just a kiss. A kiss communicates more in a moment than words can ever say. For some people, kissing comes as naturally as it appears to be, for the great lovers on the big screen. But for the rest of us, we could maybe use some useful tips on kissing, so our kissing techniques are successful in communicating just exactly what we are intending to converse.
Let us look at just a few of the mistakes and that kisser's make, and go onto some simple tips to help you along
- Tight puckers. A tightly puckered kiss communicates to the recipient, "This kissing business is really gross, and I'd rather be doing anything else." It robs the moment of intimacy, warmth, and acceptance. One of the primary tips on kissing is that your lips should be loose, soft and relaxed. A gentle pucker is all you need, even if it is just a polite peck on the cheek that says, "I enjoy your company. You're special to me."
- Adding tongue too soon. Yes, ultimately you will want to add some tongue to a passionate kiss, but it should be a build-up. Instead of injecting your tongue into your partner's mouth, a good kissing technique is to use it to gently moisten your partners lips, slowly and softly, taking note of signals inviting you to add your tongue, such as parting of lips or gentle suckling on your lips, they will naturally offer their tongue, at which point you go into tongue kissing.
As passion builds and the gestures are obvious, you can use more tongue in intervals. Your tongue should be used as an extension of your lips, gently caressing around the lips and savouring just inside the mouth.
- Attacking with your teeth. Your teeth can sometimes clash with theirs, especially when you attack your partner's mouth with so much force that your teeth are pressing into their mouth, you are going too far. Be careful to keep your teeth to yourself unless you are planning on using your new found kissing techniques on a vampire.
- Let your partner be the guide. If you are worried that your kissing is not up to par, let your partner kiss you, and simply react in a mirroring manner. Your partner will kiss you the way he or she likes to be kissed. If you return the favour by using the same methods, then you have a much better chance of a satisfying your partner
More from YourTango: Win The Classic Timbuk2 Messenger Bag!
- Add variety. It gets boring if you are using the same technique over and over. Start with a few gentle pecks. Then maybe kiss the lower lip a number of times. Gently nibble their lips with your teeth. Change between greater and lesser passion in kissing. Do a little teasing with your lips, causing them to barely touch and then back away.
- Not just the lips. Kissing other parts of the body can be arousing and sensual. Gently caressing the side of the neck does wonders as most people love being kissed on the neck. Experiment, and ask them what they like, then you are on to a sure winner