What really went down between Manti Te'o & his online girlfriend?
On Thursday, January 24, Katie Couric will be conducting the first on-camera interview with Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, since the story of his online girlfriend hoax surfaced. While he had requested last week’s interview with ESPN to be off-camera, Te'o now seems ready to take on the cameras.
Also planning to be present are Brian and Ottilia Te'o, the football player's parents who he had once claimed to have met his girlfriend Lennay Kekua. So, what questions would you want to ask the player or his parents? Here is our version. Katie Couric, feel free to steal these.
1. Manti, sources state that there are records of phone calls lasting up to eight hours. The person on the other end of the line must have been saying things that you found attractive. Do you wonder who that person was and if any parts of the connection were real? Would you want to meet her?
2. Some sources say that you have been friends with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man who was supposedly the only one with the photo used on Kekua’s Twitter. Have you ever met? What is your relationship with him? Do you know why he would pinpoint you to do such a horrible thing to?
3. In November, after the "death" of Kekua, you began dating Alexandra Del Pilar; why did you two break up? Did she know about your relationship with Kekua?
4. We all saw that Nev of MTV’s Catfish reached out to you via Twitter. Would you consider responding to him?
5. How many times did you try to meet her over the time period you guys were talking? What kind of excuses did she use, and did you ever think it was weird that she refused?
Tell us: What would you ask Manti Te’o?
More juicy content from YourTango:
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags