Happy Birthday to one of the most incredible rappers of all time, who we absolutely love!
As a father, a husband and an overall talented musician, we have the utmost respect for birthday boy Jay-z. Jay turnes 43 today, but no matter how many years he's been around, they just seem to get better and better. From producing music to taking private vacas with his adorable wife and daughter—you may have heard of them, Beyonce and Blue Ivy—we're totally crazy about 'everything Jay say, Jay does.'
More from YourTango: Exclusive! Perez Hilton Talks Being A Single Parent & Dating
Here's five reasons why the birthday boy is one of our favorites in the industry:
1. He can write, rap and sing. When Jay came out with his book in 2010 "Decoded," he took us behind the scenes of writing the lyrics to some of his most popular hit songs — including "Big Pimpin.'" While it wasn't exactly great lyrics, he realizes that! "Some [lyrics] become really profound when you see them in writing," he told the Wall Street Journal. "Not 'Big Pimpin.' That's the exception. It was like, I can't believe I said that. And kept saying it. What kind of animal would say this sort of thing? Reading it is really harsh." We love that he wrote a song, it became a hit, and now he can look back and wonder what the hell was going on!
2. There's no drama with him. So the rap world all knows 50 Cent has been shot eight times in the face, and that Tupac (dead or alive) was involved in numerous gun fights. However, for Jay-Z, he does everything he can to keep his private life private, even with an A-lister wife. The hip-hop artist keeps his talents—singing and rapping—in the spotlight, while keeping the rest of the drama out. Even when Kanye West stood up for Beyonce at the MTV Video Music Awards (which changed his career), Jay didn't release a statement, or even seemed phased by the outrage of his boy, Kanye.
3. He lends a hand. Jay-Z founded the Shawn Carter Foundation, which gives scholarships to kids that can't afford college. In case you didn't know, Shawn Carter is the real name of Beyonce's man. Not only did he found the foundation, he even appears at the events and meets candidates. Last year, he also through a carnival for the students!
4. He really is "Crazy In Love" with Beyonce. In October when the Barclays Center opened for the home of the new Brooklyn Nets (thanks to Jay), he took the stage in an amazing performance. So, when his hit song "Crazy In Love" began and he was joined on stage with none other than his leading lady, Beyonce, the crowd went crazy.
5. He's an amazing father already. While we could pick Suri Cruise out from a Where's Waldo page, we've only seen glimpses of Jay and Beyonce's little one, Blue Ivy, and that's because of the good parenting that Jay and B are doing. In an interview with GQ magazine, Jay called his own father his "superhero," and explained how much it hurt when his father left. That, he said, would shape him to be a good father. "Providing—that’s not love," he said. "Being there—that’s more important."
So, why do you love Jay-Z?
More from YourTango: 'The Office' Romance: Jim & Pam's Best Love Quotes
More juicy love content from YourTango:
- Why Can't I Find A Relationship?
- 10 Ways Men Show Love
- 5 Ways To Be Happy About Your Love Life Right Now!
Photo Credit: Getty