Used to be that you went out with someone because you knew you liked them not to find out about them. In this day and age the later is taking over the dynamic on the dating scene. With the rules always changing, Markus Frind shares his Top 5 tips to make it a great date. My two cents: If you are too scared to meet someone in person that you feel like doing a background check, relax .... meet at a reasonable time and in a public place downtown near major retail locations, and you'll be fine.
1. Any difference in preparing for a first date with an online potential suitor?
Whenever you are meeting someone in person for the first time, you need to make sure that you feel comfortable, have access to a phone, and have told a friend about your whereabouts ahead of time. Chances are you have already discovered a few things you have in common, and know a little bit about each other – making the first encounter more comfortable by letting the chemistry unfold naturally!
2. Will you ever include a function where people can set up their friends with a person whose profile looks like a good fit for them even if they are not online?
This great feature already exists! At the bottom of user profiles on POF, you can find: “Is this user perfect for one of your friends? Be a Matchmaker and get them together!” All you need to do is enter your lucky friend’s name and email address to get the ball rolling.
3. What are the best first date strategies you have heard so far?
The best strategy to stick to for going on a date, and online dating in general, is to always be yourself! Feeling a little bit nervous is completely normal, but if you go in with an open mind and heart, you will most likely be pleasantly surprised! Being well rested and looking your best is never a bad idea either!
4. Do you have any advice for people who are long-distance and meeting for the first time and it involves travel?
Be as organized as you can so you don’t feel too stressed when your date time arrives. Plan activities ahead of time, and make arrangements for your solo accommodations if necessary.
5. Is POF eventually going to include a way to authenticate identity to protect users?
POF will continue to make the best interests of our users a top priority. The online dating industry takes identity protection very seriously. As with everything else, as the internet evolves, we will continue to evolve with it.