Are you a pop culture junkie who virtually tailgates the stars for the latest scoop? You're in luck! We're hiring!
YourTango.com, the digital leader in love and relationships, is seeking a full-time Associate Celebrity Editor to join our New York staff as soon as possible. This person will be a key member of the rapidly-growing website's content team.
More from YourTango: Khloe Kardashian To Kim: 'Your Belly Is Fantastic!'
Duties will include:
- Managing a team of freelance writers who contribute to the Celeb Love blog, which covers the latest news and gossip in celebrity love lives, hot celeb trends, and more.
- Assigning, writing and editing posts, as well as hiring new writers.
- Producing posts and slideshows in Drupal, our content management system
- Helping the Audience Development Manager maintain partnerships with partner websites
- Managing interns
- Overseeing our daily newsletter
- The ideal candidate will also have expertise with Google Analytics and will be responsible for overseeing YourTango's active use of analytics to make content decisions
Requirements for this position:
- 3+ years of experience working in online media
- The ability to write hugely clickable heds and cook up creative, compelling ideas for celeb-related content
- Experience managing a stable of freelancers
- Expertise and active use of digital technologies from SEO to social media to the latest trending tools
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Image-editing experience, basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Detail-oriented, with experience editing others' work & the ability to both write and edit clean, compelling copy on deadline
- A lively and engaging writing voice
- A love of all things celeb — you voraciously consume celeb-related media and know what's happening with celebrities in real time — from emerging starlets to the A through D-listers!
Please send cover letter, clips and resume to Genevieve@yourtango.com.
More from YourTango: Exclusive! Perez Hilton Talks Being A Single Parent & Dating
More juicy content from YourTango: