This position has been filled. Please check our jobs page for additional openings. Thank you for your interest!
Are you a dating guru who also happens to know when to use a semi-colon and what SEO stands for? You're in luck. We're hiring!
More from YourTango: Weird News: Sex-Toy Vending Machine Irks Italian Town
YourTango.com, the digital leader in love and relationships, is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Associate Editor to join our New York staff as soon as possible. This editor will be a key part of the growing website's small, dedicated team. This is a full-time position in our Chelsea office.
More from YourTango: Dress To Impress: 7 Hot Holiday Party Styles Under $60
Duties will include:
- Managing a team of freelance writers who contribute to the Love Buzz blog, which covers the latest news in love and relationships.
- Assigning and editing posts, as well as hiring new writers.
- Writing and editing both blog posts and long-form features
- Producing posts and slideshows in Drupal, our content management system
- Helping the Audience Development Manager maintain partnerships with other lifestyle websites, such as The Daily Beast, College Candy and MSN's Glo. Promoting content to partners, keeping track of web analytics and assuring traffic goals are met.
- Composing the daily newsletter
- Hiring and managing interns
Requirements for this position:
- A B.A. in Journalism, Communications or a similar field
- 2-4 years of experience working in online media
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Image-editing experience, basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and architectures
- Impeccable attention to detail when editing and experience editing others' work
- A lively and engaging writing voice
- Willingness and enthusiasm in promoting YourTango content
- Energy and drive to go above and beyond!
More juicy content from YourTango: