Sink your teeth into a slice of this light, fluffy strawberry cream pie. Sweet and smooth, this pie is perfectly divine!
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 9 in. baked pie
1 pint strawberry, sliced
1. In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Blend together egg yolks and milk.
3. Stir small amount of milk mixture into dry ingredients, making a smooth paste.
4. Gradually blend in remaining milk mixture.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
6. Allow to boil for one minute.
7. Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
8. Cool quickly by setting pan in bowl of ice or cold water and stirring for a few minutes.
9. Arrange Strawberries in the bottom of the pie shell, reserving about 1/4 of them for garnish.
10. Pour half of the custard over berries.
11. Layer bananas over custard layer and top with remaining custard.
12. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
13. Layer on whipped cream.
Got a recipe of your own that you like to cook for your special someone? Share it now and enter to win a foodie prize pack including a $100 Whole Foods gift card, a signed copy of Sweet Celebrations—the latest cookbook and entertaining guide from the stars of TLC's DC Cupcakes, and a box of gourmet Li-Lac chocolate.