Spice up your love life with this flavorful vegan chili! It's perfect for that special vegan in your life.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
Half white onion, diced
Half red bell pepper, diced
Fire, i.e. your choice of a fresh hot pepper, a tablespoon of hot sauce (I like Cholula) or ½ teaspoon dried cayenne pepper.
1 tomato, diced or 6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered.
½ cup canned corn kernels
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2.5 cups black beans
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil.
2. Add garlic & onions & sautee for about 5 minutes on low-medium.
3. Add red bell pepper & sautee for another 5 minutes.
4. Add corn, fire & stir with wooden spoon.
5. Add tomato, cover, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mix in tomato paste completely.
7. Add black beans & as much salt & pepper as you like.
8. Cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Got a recipe of your own that you like to cook for your special someone? Share it now and enter to win a foodie prize pack including a $100 Whole Foods gift card, a signed copy of Sweet Celebrations—the latest cookbook and entertaining guide from the stars of TLC's DC Cupcakes, and a box of gourmet Li-Lac chocolate.