What could be sweeter than these 'I Love You' Cupcakes? We love these delectable little treats, and we're sure that he will love them (and you, for cooking them) too!
3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
1 cup milk
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 teaspoon bittersweet cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup Peanut butter
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 Package Cream Cheese (plain)
1/2 cup milk
2 Cups Peanut butter
1 Cup + Powdered Sugar
Chocolate chips to top
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners, 24 total.
3. Using an electric mixer combine the butter and brown sugar beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add 1 cup of the flour mixture to the mixer bowl on low speed, then 1/3 of the milk. Continue alternating the flour mixture and milk, ending with the flour. Mix after each addition just until incorporated.
7. Blend in the cocoa powder, vanilla and almond extracts.
8. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
9. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in the flour, milk and almond extract, mixing until smooth.
3. Add Peanut Butter
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge, for at least an hour. You can also prepare this ahead of time and store in the fridge for several days.
6. Once chilled, pour into a plastic bag. Cut a corner
1. Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese with 1/2 cup of milk, adding milk in increments until mixture is slightly runny.
2. Mix in peanut butter
3. Mix in powdered sugar in increments until desired texture (you can make the frosting a firm or runny as you want)
1. After the cupcakes have cooled, cut a cone-shaped portion out of the center of each cupcake using a small pairing knife. Fill each cupcake with cookie dough mixture.
2. Frost the filled cupcakes, sprinkling with mini chocolate chips. Top with half of mini chocolate chip cookie.
Store uneaten cupcakes in fridge.
Got a recipe of your own that you like to cook for your special someone? Share it now and enter to win a foodie prize pack including a $100 Whole Foods gift card, a signed copy of Sweet Celebrations—the latest cookbook and entertaining guide from the stars of TLC's DC Cupcakes, and a box of gourmet Li-Lac chocolate.