It is important to have your guy know that you appreciate him and love being with him. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find new ideas to show him that you care and bring a smile to his face. Here are some ideas that will help you brighten his day.
1. Let him have control of the remote control sometimes.
More from YourTango: Cheers! Healthy Holiday Cocktails To Share On Date Night
2. Occassionally cook his favorite meal for him, including dessert.
3. Listen to him when he talks about sports. Even if you are not interested in the games, he will appreaciate the fact that you are trying to be interested in his passions.
4. Give specific compliements that will mean something to him, not jsut a general "you look nice".
5. Update your online dating profile to show off your sense of humor. Add a funny quotation or a candid picture of you goofing off, and you will be sure the guys will be smiling!
6. Make him feel needed. Ask him to get something off a high shelf or open a jar that is stuck.
7. Learn some funny jokes and tell them to him.
8. Rent his favorite movie and watch it with him, complete with a big bowl of popcorn.
9. Give him a backrub when he least expects it.
10. Come up behind him and suprise him with a hug.
11. Kiss him like you mean it, not just a little peck on the lips.
12. Tell him you like his eyes, nose, smile-anything, but be specific.
13. If you are out listening to a band, request his favorite song.
14. Anonomously buy him a drink.
15. Play a card game with him, and admit, just for that one game, that he was better at it than you.
16. Make sure you smile at him.
17. Leave little notes telling him that you love him in unexpected places.
18. Occasionally help him with tasks he is struggling with, such as paperwork.
19. Suprise him by bringing his car to the carwash.
20. When he is least expecting it, do something nice for him.
21. Ask how his day was, and really listen to his answer.
22. Wear the outfit that he has always said he likes you to wear.
23. If he has children, tell everyone what a great dad he is.
24. Call him at random times of the day to tell him that you are thinking of him.
25. Think of a flattering nickname that you can call him, and do so often.
More from YourTango: Guys, Here Are 5 Deal-Sealing Ugly Holiday Sweater Party Styles
Try to incorporate some of these ideas into your relationship, and you will find that your guy will appreciate you and your relationship will be like it was when you first met.