There's nothing like a lazy Sunday morning with your special someone—and these comforting chocolate chip pancakes. Make this recipe for your someone special to show them how much you love them and hope they'll have a wonderful day.
Ingredients (makes 6-8 pancakes):
3/4 cup Hodgson Mills Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1/2 cup of fat free skim milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 handful Nestle Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Morsels
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the pancake mix, milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract until well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Spray with non-fat cooking spray or use oil to grease pan.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
4. Pour batter in 1/4 cupfuls into the pan.
5. Immediately, drop a few chocolate morsels into the pancakes.
6. Cook until the bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake.
7. Flip over and cook another minute until golden.
Serve hot with butter and syrup.
Got a recipe of your own that you like to cook for your special someone? Share it now and enter to win a foodie prize pack including a $100 Whole Foods gift card, a signed copy of Sweet Celebrations—the latest cookbook and entertaining guide from the stars of TLC's DC Cupcakes, and a box of gourmet Li-Lac chocolate.
More Juicy Content From YourTango: