5. What couple do you most admire? The pair can be from real life, history, fiction, film, etc.
I don’t know how they are when they’re alone, but I love Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell! You know, they’re not even married but it shows that that doesn’t matter. Marriage isn't for everyone. Also, from how they appear, the Obamas are amazing. They have great teamwork and perseverance together—which is key. They’ve got passion.
6. If you could tell your younger self something you've since learned about love, sex and/or relationships, what would that be?
When it comes to sex, I’d tell my younger self that girls have a gold mine between their legs! Don’t give it away, you’re special. That’s how I was when I was younger. I felt I was experienced just enough, and my husband doesn’t have a used good. I’d also tell myself that it’s going to be OK. I wasn’t a great student, but I’d tell myself not to worry because you’re going to be so successful. Lastly, I’d tell myself ‘watch your weight!’
7. Fill in the blank: "I'm a sucker for _______"
I’m a sucker for a man who can make me laugh! Not just once either, but consistently. But not someone who’s a clown, either. Exclusive! Molly Shannon: "A Sense Of Humor Is A Turn-On"
8. What is the biggest compliment a partner has ever paid you?
My husband did a shot of me running to go greet a guest, recently. After, he told me how sexy I looked and said I’ve got the sexiest run on TV. It felt amazing.
9. Fill in the blank: "I feel sexiest when _______"
I feel sexiest when I first get out of the shower! No wig, no makeup, and all clean. I have body flaws, but I’ve learned to reckon with them own them.
10. What's the best relationship advice you've ever received?
Well, I don’t know if someone actually told me this, but one thing that’s really important is that divorce is there for a reason. Sometimes marriages don’t work. Don’t stay together for reasons that aren’t practical. Babies don’t save a marriage!
11. In the midst of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s breakup/makeup drama, do you think it’s possible to get over infidelity in a relationship?
No relationship is perfect. If you’re with the other person for a long time and you’ve invested a lot in the relationship or are married, for example, you owe it to yourself to try and make it work. But, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s possible to move on, for sure. It’s not a secret that my husband wasn’t faithful a long time ago, but I’ve moved forward. If you’re going to move on though, you can’t keep bringing it up. Actually move on.
12. What advice do you have for those struggling to move on from a breakup?
The best way to get over a man, is to get under another! No really, though! I’m not saying to go out and actually have sex with people, but put yourself back out there. You can meet a man on the subway, or at Whole Foods, or at a bar. You’ve got to put some lip gloss on and get out there.
13. Many people use online dating now, but sometimes things get so complicated. What tips do you have for those who find romance online?
I definitely believe online dating can work! But you need to choose wisely! Your first meeting should not be a romantic dinner date! The person does not need details of where you live, work, or anything else personal until a few dates—meaning three or more. The perfect first-meeting date would be coffee at noon, keeping it light and fun. Not around the corner from your house, either.
14. What advice do you have for long distance couples? How can they deal with the jealousy factor?
I couldn’t do long distance. A relationship is hard enough when you’re actually with the person! Relationships are like bonsai plants, they need constant maintenance!
Check your local listings and be sure to tune into The Wendy Williams Show every weekday. Today, Friday, September 27, she will welcome Amar'e Stoudemire and Daisy Fuentes! Next week she will be talking to Michael Urie from Partners, NeNe Leakes from The New Normal, the ladies of Jersey Shore, comedian Jeff Dunham, and many more!
Tell us: What do you love about Wendy Williams!?
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 5 Secrets Of Happily Married Couples [EXPERT]
- 30 Dating Habits You Need To Lose By Age 30
- Check Out THese Celebs' Rocks! 10 Engagement Ring Trends [PHOTOS]
Photo Credit: Karl Giant