We’ve all witnessed several celebrities succumb to the dark side of fame and fortune and end up checking into rehab. For some of them, rehab has been the end of their career as we know it, while for others, it’s been their breakthrough. Even better, some celebrities managed to find true love after recovering. Maybe romance was just what the doctor ordered. Here are five celebrities who found love after rehab:
1. Britney Spears: Against all odds, Britney Spears has made a comeback. The pop star has been in and out of rehab, even spending some time in the psychiatric ward after a series of breakdowns. It’s been a bumpy road for the singer, but she has since been successful in her career and is now happily engaged to her former agent, Jason Trawick. Unlike her unsuccessful marriage to Kevin Federline, Spears and Trawick seem to have discovered true love as the star climbs her way back to the top.
2. Drew Barrymore: Drew Barrymore is a celebrity with an infamous history. She spent her life growing up in and out of rehab due to her drug addiction, but has since bounced back from her faults. Today, you’d never expect the beautiful actress to have had such a rebellious past. Barrymore not only got herself together for her career, but has even found love with Will Kopelman. The recently married couple couldn’t be happier and are expecting their first child.
3. Nicole Richie: Nicole Richie had a bad-girl reputation which eventually landed her in rehab after getting DUIs in 2003 and 2006. Richie’s life turned around for her, especially when she landed in the arms of current love, Joel Madden. Since then she’s been happy and healthy with Madden, abandoning her old rebellious ways, and creating a family. The couple has two children together, and Richie has been beaming in love and joy since.
4. Kirsten Dunst: Kirsten Dunst checked herself into rehab after falling into depression in 2008. Ever since checking out, she’s been living a healthy and happy life with her current boyfriend and On The Road costar, Garrett Hedlund. The actress seems to have had a successful recovery, and has been spotted with a huge smile across her face and in the arms of her beau. There’s nothing a little love can’t resolve.
5. Kate Moss: Stunning model Kate Moss checked into rehab in 2005 after she was caught in possession of drugs. She split from then-boyfriend Pete Doherty when he checked out of rehab after failing to better himself. Moss on the other hand left rehab healthier and happier, finding love with The Kills guitarist Jamie Hince. Since then, she has gotten married and has remained in love and more beautiful than ever.