Do you hear wedding bells? Probably not, since celebrities these days are doing their weddings the normal way: privately. While both Kim and Khloe Kardashian were excited to show their marriages in a special on E!, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively did pretty much the opposite this weekend.
Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 25, have been dating for a year and secretly exchanged vows in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. We're guessing Reynolds isn't a fan of public weddings, since he also had a secret one with Scarlett Johansson in 2008! Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Secretly Married This Weekend!
More from YourTango: Who Is Zac Efron's Rumored New Girlfriend Halston Sage?
Actually, quite a few celebrity couples have chosen the quiet route. Here are the top five couples who have pulled off a secret wedding:
1. Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon. The 42-year-old singer secretly tied the knot with the 31-year-old Wild N' Out star on April 30, 2008. The public later found out when his family admitted the next day that he was extremely happy. Their getaway took place in the Bahamas. Jealous!
2. Megan Fox & Brian Austin Green. Men all over the world were heartbroken when they heard that Megan Fox had married her longtime dream man Brian Austin Green in a destination wedding in Hawaii. Announcing their engagement in June 2010, the two were married by the 24th of the month at a private resort. Now, they're going to have a baby!
3. Gisele Bündchen & Tom Brady. A wedding so secret the guests didn't even know about it? That was the case for model Gisele Bündchen and New England Patriot Tom Brady, who tied the knot in Santa Monica, California at St. Monica Catholic Church on February 26, 2009. Many guests thought it was a christening! Don't worry though, they had a much bigger ceremony a few months later.
4. Beyonce & Jay Z. How in the world did these two pull off a secret wedding? Who knows! On April 4, 2008, Beyoncé and Shawn Carter (no, Jay-z wasn't born "Jay-Z") tied the knot in a mega-secret, 40-guest wedding at his penthouse. There was no made of honor or best man, but the happy couple was surrounded by gorgeous orchids and their dearest friends. Why so private? "We don't play with our relationship," Jay said. Nice.
5. Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck. One of our favorite and most low-key couples ever, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's wedding was so private, her parents weren't even there. With barely any makeup on and her hair natural, Garner married her year-long boyfriend at Parrot Cay on the island of Turks and Caicos on June 29, 2005. To this day, the two make an adorable couple, and we can't get enough of them or their three adorbs kids!
So, who do you think pulled off their secret wedding best? Do you like it better when celebrity weddings are broadcasted or when they're intimate events we find out about later?
More from YourTango: Who Is Leonardo DiCaprio's New Girlfriend Toni Garrn?
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 5 Of The Worst Celebrity Breakups Of All Time
- 8 Celebrity Couples Who Fell In Love At Work
- 10 Hottest Interracial Celebrity Couples
Photo Credit: Getty