Despite demands of the spotlight, these couples strike a perfect balance between career and family.
Finding a balance between life at the office and life at home is one of the great challenges of adulthood; often, blurring the lines by devoting more time to one more than the other can cause life-changing shifts, and more often than not those shifts affect our personal relationships rather than our work ethic.
This September, the delicacy of that work-life balance comes to the big screen in The Words. The film stars Bradley Cooper as a young writer who, among other poor decisions, places his ambition and success above his relationship with his wife (Zoe Saldana). Check out the trailer below.
It's a theme we see often in Hollywood relationships; high-profile couples divorce because their work lives had them too far apart for too long, or their drives to be successful outweigh their drives to make love last. However, there are some celebrity pairs that really exemplify what it means to strike the perfect balance between work and romance, and for that we're completely jealous.
1. Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale. The lead singer of No Doubt recently told Harper's Bazaar that, "Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I've ever done—by far." Yet we haven't seen her or her husband, former Bush lead singer Gavin Rossdale, break a sweat—the constant photographs of them with their two sons are proof that for this rock duo, family comes first.
2. Will Smith & Jada Pinkett-Smith. Having been married for 15 years, rumors of a split between this iconic couple are nothing new. Despite what gossip magazines may say, Will and Jada are going strong and have the tight-knit family unit to prove it. Don't believe us? Check Jada's Twitter feed (@jadapsmith), which features candid shots of her husband and her daughter cherishing small moments together.
3. Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner. If the term "celebrity soccer parents" were listed in the Dictionary, this couple's photo would accompany it. They are truly hands-on parents; rather than hire nannies to drive their kids to school or take them to the park, Ben and Jen do it themselves and manage to look like normal people rather than big-time actors.
4. The President and his First Lady. Barack and Michelle Obama are the ultimate power couple, but that doesn't stop them from being as down-to-earth as can be. Though the President is campaigning for reelection, he understands the importance—and benefit—of time with his wife and kids. Recently, Barack and Michelle were caught on the kiss cam at an exhibition game for the USA men's basketball team, and happily obliged to a smooch for the crowd.
Get more couples content from YourTango:
- 5 Marriage Secrets From Happily Married (A Long Time!) Couples
- Survey Reveals The Real Reason Couples Get Divorced
- What Happy Couples Have In Common [VIDEO]