Love 'em or hate 'em, we can all learn a thing or two from this summer's "it" couple.
Reality superstar Kim Kardashian and hip hop mogul Kanye West debuted their relationship to the world earlier this year and they're still going strong – proving that their romance is more than a fling.
Whether you're team #Kimye or team #justgoaway, we can all learn something from this summer's "it" couple:
1. Don't ever give up on love. A self-professed hopeless romantic, 31-year-old Kim has said she wants the fairy tale. Still, she's been burned by a painful breakup with NFL star Reggie Bush and two divorces. Kanye, 35, isn't a stranger to a broken heart, either – he's lamented about his woes in songs like "Heartless" and "Love Lockdown." The scorned stars have one thing in common: neither of them have let failed relationships close them off to finding love again. Instead, Kim tweeted these Rascal Flatts lyrics recently: "This much I know is true … God bless the broken road that led me straight to you." Kim Kardashian: Divorce Completely Changed Me For The Better
2. Don't let your destiny be defined by critics. Kim is notorious not only for her sex tape, but also for her ill-fated, 70-day marriage to Kris Humphries. Kanye famously stunned viewers and alienated fans when he stole the spotlight from country sweetheart Taylor Swift in 2009 at the MTV VMAs. As a result, #Kimye both have their fair share of haters, but they don't let negativity hold them back. And, they're not hiding their happiness: the couple released a video promo together earlier this week for this year's VMAs, and Kim proudly wears shoes from Kanye's Guiseppe Zanotti line on the regular. They've become inseparable and aren't afraid to display their love to the world, on or off-camera.
3. Live like a teenager in love. On a recent episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kim blushed like a schoolgirl when posing underneath a sign that said "West." She's tweeted about missing her "prince," and was recently photographed in a revealing Agent Provocateur bikini, giving rise to the rumor that she's reaping the benefits of "the sex diet." She's not the only one who is giddy in love. Kanye famously declared his love for Kim in his song "Way Too Cold," and more recently in "My Perfect B*tch," which chronicles his quest to find his perfect woman. Looks like he might have found her!
Love them or hate them, #Kimye seem to have it finally figured out – and the power couple could be here to stay.
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 10 Hottest Interracial Celebrity Couples
- 5 Of The Worst Celebrity Breakups Of All Time
- 8 Celebrity Couples Who Fell In Love At Work
Photo Credit: Getty