Are you an experienced mom blogger? Come write for YourTango!
Calling all mom and dad bloggers and writers! We are looking for a new LoveMom contributor to write about the intersection of love and kids.
LoveMom, our "mommy" blog/column, offers opinions, insights and anecdotes relatable to all those parents working hard to maintain their relationships (or dating lives, if single) while also raising a family. Single parent? Working mom? Stay-at-home dad? Please apply!
Please check out some recent posts to get a sense of the subject matter and approach of LoveMom:
We are looking for:
- an experienced freelance writer or blogger who has published clips (in other words: you need to have been paid for your work, though it's fine if your clips aren't about kids/parenting) and a strong voice
- someone with his/her finger on the pulse of what's trending in the world of relationships and parenting
- a writer with a strong social network and the desire to promote his/her work to this network, as well as interact with the YourTango community via comments, etc.
- someone with online experience (i.e. you know how to edit images, use a CMS, etc.)
Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the above requirements.
What the position entails:
- pitching ideas, as well as working with the LoveMom editor to brainstorm and develop ideas for your posts
- writing 1-2 LoveMom columns a week
- interacting with the YourTango community on the site — and outside of it through Facebook, Twitter and other social media — in order to build a conversation around your content
If you are interested, please send a resume, three (3) pitches for upcoming LoveMom posts, and links to three (3) published clips to: email@example.com
More juicy content from YourTango:
- Aww! 10 Things Men Cannot Get ENOUGH Of When It Comes To Women
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Tell If A Man Is In Love With You
- 100 Percent Of Men Agree They Love THIS Type Of Sex Most