Sure, sometimes it’s fun to splurge on a fancy date, but other times, it’s nice to do something simple, entertaining and budget-friendly with your guy. Regardless of what you do, he’ll be excited that you took the pressure off of him and planned a cheap outing. Whether you enjoy exploring a new area of town, staying indoors (and avoiding the summer heat!) or being active, there’s a date idea on this list for you:
1. Be Outdoorsy: Sometimes the best entertainment is right outside your front door – no tickets required. Take a hike and soak up the sights and sounds of the great outdoors. When the sun goes down, take a moment to appreciate each other and do a little stargazing.
2. Pack a Picnic: Using only items that are already in your pantry or fridge, fill up that picnic basket and head to your backyard for an impromptu lunch date. Spread out your blanket and chow down! Luckily, there’s no pricey bill to face when you’re done eating.
3. Free Booze: Take a tour of a nearby winery or brewery. Not only will you learn more about your drink of choice, but you’ll pick up some ideas for the next dinner party that you throw with your man.
4. Eat In: Treat him to a romantic dinner at home. Cook his favorite meal, light a few candles and pop open a bottle of bubbly. Taking the time to treat him to a home-cooked meal will remind him how much you love him – and maybe he’ll even return the favor tomorrow night.
5. DIY Projects: Spend a day tacking those do-it-yourself projects that you both keep avoiding. Accomplishing something together will remind you of how well you work as a team. Plus, you’ll have a new piece of décor to show off to your friends.
6. At-Home Spa Day: Get ready for a day – or night – of pampering. Takes turn giving each other a massage and then enjoy a bubble bath together.