Ten budget-friendly date ideas.
Sure, sometimes it’s fun to splurge on a fancy date, but other times, it’s nice to do something simple, entertaining and budget-friendly with your guy. Regardless of what you do, he’ll be excited that you took the pressure off of him and planned a cheap outing. Whether you enjoy exploring a new area of town, staying indoors (and avoiding the summer heat!) or being active, there’s a date idea on this list for you:
1. Be Outdoorsy: Sometimes the best entertainment is right outside your front door – no tickets required. Take a hike and soak up the sights and sounds of the great outdoors. When the sun goes down, take a moment to appreciate each other and do a little stargazing.
2. Pack a Picnic: Using only items that are already in your pantry or fridge, fill up that picnic basket and head to your backyard for an impromptu lunch date. Spread out your blanket and chow down! Luckily, there’s no pricey bill to face when you’re done eating.
3. Free Booze: Take a tour of a nearby winery or brewery. Not only will you learn more about your drink of choice, but you’ll pick up some ideas for the next dinner party that you throw with your man.
4. Eat In: Treat him to a romantic dinner at home. Cook his favorite meal, light a few candles and pop open a bottle of bubbly. Taking the time to treat him to a home-cooked meal will remind him how much you love him – and maybe he’ll even return the favor tomorrow night.
5. DIY Projects: Spend a day tacking those do-it-yourself projects that you both keep avoiding. Accomplishing something together will remind you of how well you work as a team. Plus, you’ll have a new piece of décor to show off to your friends.
6. At-Home Spa Day: Get ready for a day – or night – of pampering. Takes turn giving each other a massage and then enjoy a bubble bath together. When you’re finished, wrap up in your plushiest robe and snuggle up with a glass of wine and some relaxing music.
7. Game Day: Enjoy an afternoon at the ballpark. Tickets can cost as little as $5 – they don’t call them the cheap seats for nothing! By doing something that you know he loves, you’ll show him that you pay attention to his likes and work hard to fulfill his needs. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too: indulge in a hot dog and cold beer as you root for your favorite team.
8. Hit the Gym: By showing him your sweaty side, he’ll know just how comfortable you are around him. You can introduce a bit of friendly competition in to your relationship too: challenge him to a sit-up or push-up contest. Thanks to this active bonding sesh, you’ll have a smile on your face, win or lose.
9. Be a Tourist: Sure, you’d love to take a romantic getaway to somewhere exotic, but sometimes, you can have just as much fun exploring your hometown. Check out a local art fair or weekend farmer’s market. Wander around a downtown museum and broaden your cultural horizons. Or just take to the streets and do some people-watching. You’re sure to have a fun stay-cation with your man by your side.
10. Go Househunting: Spend an afternoon visiting different open houses in your area – everything from a fixer-upper to that mansion with a pool and three-car garage. Even if you aren’t in the market to buy, looking at homes is a good way to test your compatibility and see where your future lies. Who knows? Maybe you’ll be inspired to do some work at your current house or apartment.