Let's hear it for the girls! Forbes' new highest-paid celebs list shows that young women are on top.
The magazine says: "On our list of the 10 highest-paid celebrities under 30, women take six spots, and four of the top five."
So, who are the young ladies who are rockin' their bank accounts?
1. Taylor Swift: Go T-Swift! She's only 22 and she's rocking our world at the #1 spot on the list! Already at work on her fourth album, Swift has won two Grammys for her song "Mean." Forbes estimates that she made $57 million between May 2011 and May 2012. Take that anyone who has ever been mean to Taylor Swift!
2. Rihanna: Another young singer to top the list at #3, Rihanna has gotten a lot of flak for baring her skin this year. To be fair, the 24-year-old performed 85 shows in 12 months – we think she earned the right to bare it all, and rake in $53 million!
3. Katy Perry: Ms. Perry, 27, is lighting up the world with her "Fireworks" this year at #5. She may have split from her husband Russell Brand, but who cares when you have five number one singles and have made it into music history right next to Michael Jackson? Making $45 million last year doesn't hurt either. 5 Reasons Russell Brand & Katy Perry's Divorce Was Inevitable
4. Adele: The 24-year-old is rolling in the deep money with her smash hit album, 21. She recently announced that she's pregnant with boyfriend Simon Konecki's baby, and let's not forget those 6 Grammys she took home with her earlier this year. We wish we could have a part of Adele's fortune ($35 million) she made last year, which secured her spot at #6.
5. Kristen Stewart: The 22-year-old actress has really showed the world how multi-talented she is. From Twilight to Snow White and the Huntsman to modeling for a fragrance, she's made Forbes' list this year a few spots before her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson (she's #7, he's #10). The press can't get enough of Stewart – she has a fierce attitude and has never apologized for it. Rock on Stewart, we can't wait to see what you come up with next!
To determine the rankings of their highest-paid under 30 list, Forbes considered "album and concert sales, movie paydays, profit participation, endorsements and advertising work... We did not deduct for agent fees or the expenses related to being a celebrity." See the full list here.
Tell us: does anyone on this list surprise you?
More juicy gossip on YourTango:
- What Women Want Is Not A Question; It's An App
- What Rich Women Want: George Clooney
- How To Seduce A Difficult Woman
Photo Credit: Getty