From Gavin Rossdale to Brad Pitt, these famous fathers are showing us how to be there for our kids!
Even famous fathers admit that being a dad is the most important role they've ever had. Stars like Gavin Rossdale, David Beckham, Brad Pitt and more know that they're influencing the way their children see and experience the world as they grow up. It's a responsibility they take very seriously, and we can all learn a thing or two from their parenting styles in the spotlight.
With Father's Day right around the corner, here are 5 important lessons we can learn from famous daddies:
1. Be there for the big and small moments. Sure, Will Smith is definitely on the red carpet for the premiere of his son Jaden's latest movie or his daughter Willow's album drop, but he's also there for the non-headline making events, like birthdays, sports games and school events. The same goes for Eddie Cibrian – despite the ridiculously awkward situation of having both his wife, LeAnn Rimes, and his ex, Brandi Glanville at his son Jake's soccer games, he's still at almost every single one. Brandi Glanville And LeAnn Rimes Are Trying To Work It Out
2. Instill confidence and independence. Johnny Depp is one of the most well-known actors of our time, but that doesn't mean his offspring will follow in his footsteps. In fact, the celebrity dad goes out of his way to shield his daughter Lily-Rose and son Jack from the bright, Hollywood limelight. He must not want them to get wrapped up in fame and instead develop their own interests. And even though Justin Combs' father happens to be Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, he earned a full football scholarship to UCLA for his own academic and athletic ability (something we're sure his dad is proud of!).
3. Teach important skills and values. Matt Damon absolutely adores his four beautiful daughters, Alexia, Isabella, Gia and Stella, but don't think they're going to grow up to be spoiled rotten. We guarantee the Boston-born actor is instilling in his kids the same values that he's passionate about, such as being environmentally friendly and giving back to those in need. The same goes for Brad Pitt, whose six children with Angelina Jolie are getting a taste of the world and the ways they can improve it from a very young age.
More juicy content from YourTango:
- Sigh. 13 MAJOR Relationship Mistakes Men Make Over And Over Again
- 4 Strangest Celebrity Family Relationships Ever
- The Best Love Advice On YourTango