Kick off the summer by traveling together for Memorial Day.
Kick off a new summer with your beau the right way by getting away! Memorial Day is a time for fun, sun and relaxing with that special someone. Here is a list of places you and your loved one can take off to celebrate the arrival of summer as well as your feelings for each other:
1. Montauk: Long Island, New York is home to Montauk, which not only offers a romantic and picturesque setting for couples to enjoy, but an array of fun-filled activities. Intimate outdoor restaurants and bars and beautiful beaches where you can take in breathtaking sunsets are just some of the activities you and your partner can take part in.
2. The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel: One of the benefits of vacationing in Florida is that it offers beautiful beach getaways. While visiting this romantic wonderland, you and your lover must be sure to visit what the state deems to be its "most romantic park," Lovers Key, which overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Here you can partake in beautiful walks along the beach or thrilling water sports with your beau like parasailing or jet-skiing.
3. The Delaware Water Gap: Enjoy a day floating along the Delaware River or rent a raft and float along with your lover. If you're looking to get more than just your feet wet, go for a swim or unleash your inner dare-devil and partake in cliff diving, which is available in certain areas along the way. Surely, after enjoying all morning tubing down the river, a meal will be long overdue, so enjoy a romantic lunch while taking in the sun and each other's company.
4. Wine Country: For the romantic, low-key couple, San Francisco's Wine Country offers a gorgeous place to indulge in wonderful wine and great food. This place offers many secluded cottages for you and your love to find solitude together. Napa Valley and Sonoma County are also infamous for the wine and their activities. Depending on which destination you choose, you and your partner can enjoy live music, BBQ oyster among other foods at Sonoma's "Oysterpalooza" or sip organic tea and honor the memory of a loved one at the "Tea & Memories in Rose Garden." If you and your mate have your heart set on Napa Valley, "Sterling Vineyard's Greek Festival" and "Tres Sabores Movie Night" are just some of the activites you and your lover can enjoy.
5. Lake Tahoe: California's Lake Tahoe is a wonderful place to spend Memorial Day with the one you love if you're the outdoorsy type of couple. It offers an escape from the heat and fog present in other parts of California and leaves you with beautiful landscapes and fun activities such as mountain biking and hiking. It truly is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise.
Written by Deana Meccariello for Cupid's Pulse.
More from Cupid's Pulse:
More Juicy Content From YourTango: