By Che Blackwood
In the real world, most couples are uncomfortable with the idea of their partner locking lips with a co-worker. Since infidelity is one of the leading causes of divorce and emotional cheating is grounds for a split, it’s hard to imagine anyone condoning an out-of-relationship make out session; that is, unless you’re in Hollywood. Stars have contractual obligations to kiss their co-stars, and their partners have to be understanding in order for their relationship to work. To avoid jealous outbursts and maintain healthy and loving relationships, celebrity couples make sure to follow these simple tips:
More from YourTango: 6 Myths About Dating A Career-Focused Guy
1. They work together: Whether they met on or off screen, famous couples like Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson and Olivia Wilde & Jason Sudeikis have managed to share the silver screen with their real life partners. Getting paid to kiss your romantic interest is a sure fire way to keep the jealousy tamed.
Related: 5 Ways Playing Hard to Get Can Damage Your Love Life
2. They visit each other on set: While stars can often be away from their honeys for months at a time, the truly devoted grab every possible opportunity to see one another. Loving couples, like Shia Labeouf and Karolyn Pho, know that absence can make the heart grow fonder … at first. But too much time apart is a relationship killer.
Related: Four Ways to Make Your Long Distance Relationship Work
3. They’re supportive: You don’t have to understand your partner’s career, but the couples that last know that you do have to be supportive. By rehearsing together and staying connected through the ups and downs of stardom, Tinsletown twosomes are able to keep their love strong, regardless of occupation.
4. They vacation together: Couples that play together, stay together. After long stints of work, lasting duos like Prince William and Kate Middleton know the best way to keep the fire burning is to get away from whatever was blowing it out.
More from YourTango: Weird News: Japanese Photog Invents The Awesomest Girlfriend
5. They communicate: By far one of the most important parts of a relationship is communication (or the lack thereof), and it can make or break a relationship. Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian prove that without a healthy dose of conversation, busy and stressed stars won’t get far in their quest for love. By staying open about their feelings with one another, the rich and famous can get rid of jealousy altogether. In the end, when you’re with the right person, no amount of on-screen kissing will break your bond apart.
How do you and your beau ward of jealously? Leave your comments below.