Welcome to Online Dating Bootcamp: Day 14! Today is all about curbing your disappointment when it comes to online dating, featuring advice from YourTango Expert Heidi Lee Munson. (Wanna brush up on Bootcamp Days 1-13? Start here.)
Were you all gung-ho to try online dating only to find yourself kissing a lot of frogs? Don't be discouraged! YourTango Expert Heidi Lee Munson has just the advice you need to manage your online dating despair. Which Online Dating Site Is Right For You?
- Everybody needs a friend. So maybe you didn't have chemistry with that person from the coffee shop last week, but you two are in the same dating boat. Consider reaching back out in friendship. Having an online dating buddy is a great support system for both of you. Heidi Lee Munson
- There's more to life than your computer. Sometimes we get so deeply entrenched in online dating that we forget to notice the hot guy in the bookstore. Remember: when you are open to love, it may show up in the least expected places. —Heidi Lee Munson
- Avoid over-saturation. When you feel like you simply can't go on another first date, don't. Stay away from your dating site, your profile, and your emails. Don't force it. If you give yourself a little time to breathe, you'll start to miss the excitement. That's when you'll know you're ready to saddle back up and try it again. —Heidi Lee Munson
- Take a breather. Go 10 days without signing onto your dating site. It may provide just the respite you need to recharge your online dating batteries. —Rachel Kleinman
- Try a different site. If you've spent six months on the same site and haven't had any luck meeting Mr. Right, or even Mr. Fun-For-Now, it might be time to consider ending your membership and trying something new. A different batch of internet singles may be exactly what you need to feel refreshed. —Rachel Kleinman
Disappointed that Online Dating Bootcamp is over? Don't be! We have a special, bonus post for you called '18 Sexy Secrets Of Online Dating,' featuring advice from our Experts. Look out for it here later today!
More dating advice from YourTango: