St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! With so many celebrities from Ireland or with Irish descent, now is the perfect time to decide who would be the best match for you. With a little Irish luck, anything can happen. Here are our picks for the best Irish actors and actresses to hit the bars with on Saturday – after a romantic dinner, of course:
Top 5 Irish Actors To Romance
5. Cillian Murphy: Cillian Murphy was born in Douglas, a suburb of Cork, Ireland. The actor has appeared in many films, but perhaps he was most desirable in the opening moments of Red Eye, where he played the perfect potential boyfriend to Rachel McAdams’ character. That is, until he turned out to be a homicidal lunatic. Murphy has a laid-back, cool persona and would likely make a charming date.
4. Jonathan Rhys Meyers: This television actor, who was born in Dublin, Ireland, has a reputation for partying and would be a great person to hit the clubs with on St. Patty’s Day. His piercing blue eyes also make him almost impossible to resist.
3. Pierce Brosnan: Okay, so he’s married, but our list wouldn’t be complete without James Bond. Plus, there’s hope for a movie romance: with every new film comes another Bond girl. Brosnan was born and grew up in Ireland and is practically ageless, both qualities that help him play the super suave and sexy spy.
2. Mark Wahlberg: Marky Mark was born in the most Irish town in America: Boston, Massachusetts. Boston is the best place in the U.S. to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. If you are lucky, maybe Wahlberg will take you to some of his favorite pubs in the city.
1. Colin Farrell: No actor flaunts his Irish heritage as much as Colin Farrell. Born in Dublin, Ireland, Farrell is known for being one of Hollywood’s bad boys. But that does not take away from the fact that he would be a great date. Plus, he does has a soft side. Farrell has said that what inspired him to become an actor was watching E.T., which brought him to tears. Need we say more?
Top 5 Irish Actresses To Romance