Gird your loins, the State Of The Union address is tonight. That means lots of pomp and circumstance, little in the way of new substance, and chatter galore from pundits on both sides of the aisle. However much or little you care about this event, we all know that sometimes the best way to get through long affairs is with a cocktail in hand, or rather, "wasteypants." And if your boyfriend/husband/deadbeat friend with benefits is next to you, it's definitely time to make it interesting, because who wants to stick around for all that post-speech commentary? No, you want to be boning like good red-blooded Americans. Here are some ways to make that happen:
1. If the President mentions his wife, Michelle, pretend to make out with yourself, then take a sip. (Read more on CollegeCandy: The State Of The Union Drinking Game)
More from YourTango: Third Wheeling It: Which Type Of Unwanted Party Are You?
2. Take a sip every time: Barack Obama sings a few bars of "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green.
3. Take a swig every time: Obama sings a few bars of "Baby, What Do You Want Me To Do" by Etta James. (Read more on The Huffington Post: State Of The Union Drinking Game 2012)
4. Take a body shot every time Obama says "middle class." (from our Experts Editor, Melodie)
More from YourTango: Why He's Not Calling You His Girlfriend
5. Sit on your guy's lap every time Obama mentions Wall Street... "occupy his lap." (From our Marketing Assistant, Kyla — she's still in college so she knows this stuff.)
Are you doing anything fun to go with tonight's State Of The Union address?