These tell-tale signs can help you tell Mr. Right from Mr. Right Now.
Going out on a date with anyone is a leap of faith. We trust that they aren't an ax murderer or a weirdo or someone bent on worldwide destruction. Most of the time, dates go bad for any number of reasons, both big and small—he picks his teeth or talks about himself too much. You find there is no chemistry or he is simply not that interesting to you.
Sometimes, however, it's harder to tell. Sometimes a guy seems perfectly nice and there is some chemistry, but you still can't really tell.
For those situations, there are some obvious ways to help yourself know if he deserves a second date. Here are 10 dating red flags that should either send you running or make you proceed with extreme caution. Here they are:
1. He tips badly: Bad tippers are often selfish people. He doesn't have to be the king of all tippers, but less than 15 percent tells me he will be cheap and ungenerous in other ways, too.
2. He calls his mom and dad "mommy" and "daddy": My husband totally does this and maybe it's a Southern thing, but this is super weird to me.
3. He is disrespectful about ex-girlfriends/ex-wives: Every person has an ex who hurt them in some way and every person has baggage left from old relationships. But smart people learn from those relationships and find ways to respect what they learned. Someone who didn't wouldn't be great to date.
See the rest on The Stir: 10 Dating Red Flags That Should Send You Running.
More from The Stir:
- The Miracle Of A Lasting Marriage
- 2012's Top Baby Names: Is Yours On The List?
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel's Engagement Has All The Signs Of Success