6. Hire a singing telegram. "I am, a singing telegram. You're Dumped!" Just make sure they don't dress up like a clown.
7. Plan a beautiful picnic dinner in a park, complete with chocolate strawberries. After the last bite explain to your S.O. that you want out. This way the dumpee can be as dramatic as possible. You may want to get out-of-the-way and watch your back for flying objects.
More from YourTango: Love Traveling Together? 13 Romantic Weekend Getaways For Two
8. Smoke signals. Nothing says "we're over" like circles of smoke.
9. Legal fireworks. I can see it right now, you get a text telling you to look out your window, a firework show starts…and for the finale: "It's" "Over" "John"
10. Have your mom do it. Who is more sincere than a mother? Why not let your mom say the words you can't seem to find.
Just remember to think about the other person. Keep it private, honest and brief, no matter how you break up with someone it will be hard on both parties. The important part is that you do what is best for you.
Written by Courtney Cormier for College Candy.
More from College Candy: