A follow-up episode reveals 5 new facts about this reality TV couple's real-life romance.
One thing about The Bachelor and The Bachelorette is that they're ostensibly about finding love but are more about finding hookups. As a result, the show loves to trot out the few remaining successful couples. This week, we revisited last season's Bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky, and her fiance Roberto Martinez. They're here to remind us that the show works for some people and do some damage control for Ashley.
1. Ali totally feels for Ashley. Ali seems to really like Ashley. She defends the whole Bentley situation, saying that any other girl could have been blindsided the same way on her season and is thankful every day that it didn't happen and she met Roberto. Roberto adds that "dot dot dot" was stupid, which … so does everyone. Ali emphasizes that Ashley did the right thing when she booted Bentley and gave up on him.
2. The media pressures Bachelorette couples to stay together. When commenting on Brad Womack and Emily Maynard's breakup (which warranted a special episode last week), Ali says that the media puts a lot of pressure on the couple to stay together after the show ends. If by "the media" she means "the show's producers and that contract we had to sign saying we wouldn’t break up before X number of months," then she's totally right. Crushable: The Most Absurd Reasons That Reality Stars Fight
3. They don't have a wedding date yet. When talking about the media pressure, Ali says that she and Roberto talked about having a spring wedding, and when spring passed and they still hadn't gotten hitched yet, people kept asking what was up. (People magazine? Random people on the street? Their moms? I'd like to know which people.) I totally get that some people want to be engaged for awhile, but I can't help but think back on Byron Velvick and Mary Delgado, who were engaged for like five years after meeting on the show and finally split after she got drunk and assaulted him.
4. That said, they do live together. As soon as she mentions that she and Roberto don't have a date yet, Ali mentions that they do live together (in San Diego) and stresses what a big deal that is. She also says that they're in love a few times for good measure. Roberto nods a lot.
5. They have rewatched some of their Bachelorette episodes. The couple confesses that they have rewatched the footage of their last date and of the proposal in Tahiti. They also went back to Tahiti to celebrate their "one year engagement anniversary."
Written by Lilit Marcus for Crushable.
More from Crushable:
• 5 Facts About Emily Maynard's Bachelorette Breakup Interview
• Former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky Thinks JP Is Going to Win Ashley Hebert's Heart
• Why Did Someone Give Former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky a Talk Show?