Summer is the season for romance as singles and couples seek magical moments amid the sunny and hot weather. However, creating a magical date can be a nerve-wrecking experience, depending on the dating situation. Thinking about what to wear, wondering if he/she will like you or stressing over what you will talk about is enough to make someone go crazy. With so much to think about, the last thing you need to worry about is your wallet. Lucky for cost-conscious lovebirds, there are plenty of ways to spark a romantic connection without blowing your budget. Here are nine ways to enjoy a memorable yet inexpensive summer date:
1. Time-sharing babysitting: Finding a competent and dependable babysitter is often an expensive nightmare. It's almost enough to make a parent want to stay home. When you think about it, however, many others face the same situation. Why not swap services with neighbors, co-workers, family or friends for a free night or afternoon out? Otherwise, consider sharing one babysitter among a coupe of families and splitting the cost. Consider searching SitterCity.com for vetted babysitters in your area who will match your needs and budget.
More from YourTango: Love After Tragedy: Boston Marathon Victim Proposes To His Nurse
2. Avoid alcohol: Even if you find a cut-rate meal (early bird special, anyone?), a couple drinks can greatly add to the bill. You might want to hit a restaurant that doesn't serve booze or make it an afternoon date. Otherwise, plan to drink and dine at a restaurant or bar that offers happy hour prices which is usually in the early evening. You can enjoy most drinks and food at very reasonable prices.
3. Date with gift cards: Buy a gift card at a discount from sites such as CardAvenue.com. They will save you anywhere from five to 50 percent on restaurants and other entertainment activities.
4. Plan a freebie: Dating doesn't always have to mean dinner and a movie. Some activities – like hiking, biking or visiting farmers' markets – don't cost a dime and tend to reveal more about your partner than a standard date.
5. DIY date night: Create your own dinner with a picnic in a local park. For a romantic touch, pack portable speakers with a pre-mixed playlist on your iPod as well as a bottle of wine and a few chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert. Not only is this DIY date an inexpensive alternative to a night on the town, but you'll score extra brownie points for taking the time to plan this special event.
More from YourTango: A Lesson In Love: 7 Reasons You Need To Start Dating A Teacher
More Juicy Content From YourTango: