Admit it, sometimes you just want to get away from your family and enjoy a fruity cocktail.
I'm not a huge drinker, but there's something about the season that just makes me want to sit on the patio and sip a fun drink out of a pretty glass. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the hours of sunlight. Maybe it's the abundance of fresh fruit and herbs. Maybe it's the fact that my kids are home from school. OK, so maybe there's no maybe about that one. It's the kids. They're driving me to drink. Here's what's in my glass ...
2. Honeydew Fizz Midori, fresh honeydew, and seltzer water is all it takes to make this yummy green bliss. I'll take three.
3. Blueberry Spritzer This one is kid-friendly and super healthy. I think it'd be even better with some vanilla vodka, but either way.
4. Strawberry Lemonade We're totally making this for the lemonade stand and charging a dollar a cup. Totally worth it.
5. Chocolate Egg Cream Float I remember having one of these when I was a kid and it was just magical. Hoping my kids feel the same way.
6. Watermelon-Basil Margaritas Does this just spell summer, or what?
7. Strawberry Jello Shots OK, so not officially a drink, but jello shots? In strawberry? Sign me up!
8. Jamaica Margaritas Almost as good as actually being on an island. Almost.
9. Extra Minty Mojitos These may be my all-time favorite and I love the secret to this recipe.
What's your favorite summer drink?
Written by Jill Smokler for The Stir
More from The Stir:
- Kim Kardashian Predicts Shocking Casey Anthony Case Outcome
- Neighbors Won't Let Veteran Fly American Flag
- Why You Shouldn't Marry Someone You've Known Less Than a Year