How can you spice things up?
There are always moments in a relationship when the sizzle fizzles out, the passion becomes predictable and burning desire turns into yearning for a simple spark. This weekend, take the initiative and find a new way to strike a match with your perfect match:
1. Light a bonfire: Keep your passion for each other from going up in smoke by lighting a roaring fire, whether you’re at the beach or in your backyard. Nothing inspires and creates a warm and soulful connection like sitting together in front of a bonfire.
2. Take a camping trip: If you’re super outdoorsy, try living off the land for a few days. Not only is it the perfect opportunity to be at one with nature, but you’ll also be close to your significant other. Sparks are sure to fly when you’re cuddled up by the fire, roasting marshmallows and making s’mores.
3. Have dinner by candlelight: If neither of you like to get your hands dirty, why not spend the night in? The flickering candlelight allows you to see your partner in a new, smoldering light. Just make sure you’ve picked a designated dish washer before getting too cozy.
4. Go to a rock concert: Sure it may be crowded, but when you hold your lighters up during that one special song, you’ll each know whom your flame is burning for.
5. Revisit the past: The best way to reignite a dying flame is to take each other back to a time when your love burned bright. So take her to an old movie, play an old song for him on the piano, or drive to the hangout where the two of you first met. Remember why you fell in love, and hopefully, your engines will roar back to life.
By Andrew Pryor