In honor of Father's Day, we've compiled 12 celebrity fathers' quotes about love and marriage.
From funny to touching, dads can say the darndest things when it comes to love and marriage. Whether it's to give you advice or to simply tell you the story of how he met your mother (again), you're bound to gain some valuable insight from what dear old day has to say. So in honor of Father's Day, we've compiled 12 famous fathers' quotes on love and marriage in the off-chance your dad hasn't already given you an earful! Father's Day Gift Guide: Ideas For All The Dads In Your Life
1. David Beckham: "If you love someone, you want to treat them, surprise them, remind them how you feel, whether that means a weekend away somewhere, or a bowl of fruit in the morning laid out in the shape of a heart."
2. Denzel Washington (pictured, with his daughter): "The secret words [for a long marriage] are 'Yes dear', 'OK honey' and 'I'll get it'."
3. Woody Allen: "The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that."
4. Tom Hanks: "There's no substitute for a great love who says, 'No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'"
5. Bill Cosby: "Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage: the wife is in charge."
6. Kurt Russell: "You can be very upset with someone you love. You can feel hurt and worried, but you don't start there. You start out from the fact that you care. Love comes first and overrides everything."
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 10 Most Romantic Love Quotes From Movies [PHOTOS]
- Beautiful Love Quotes [EXPERT]
- 25 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You' [EXPERT]