7. You're great BUT… Please don't start our breakup this way. How about "I want to break up with you because ... "? Just cut to the chase and stop stroking my ego before you burst my love bubble. The Frisky: 11 New Terms For Giving Him A "Hand"
8. Call me. (Said desperately) I'll call you. (Said when you won't). This was cute in the '80s and '90s when people still talked on the phone. Considering I have very little desire to call anyone or receive a phone call ever again, we need to figure something else out.
More from YourTango: Let's Watch Some Strangers Kiss For The First Time!
9. My place or yours. Wink. Wink. Barf. If someone says this to me, I am going to my place ... ALONE.
10. Emotionally unavailable. I called his emotions it went straight to voicemail, so I left a message. That joke could have been funny if anyone still talked on the phone. (See # 8)
11. Hooking up. This phrase is for college students, not adults. Hooking up is something you do in a dorm room. No offense collegiates, feel free to keep hooking up until you graduate, after that figure out something else to call it.
12. "Soul mate" or "the one." If I wanted one of these, I would apply to be on The Bachelor. The Frisky: What To Look For In A Mate: Someone Who Talks Like You
So, let's start brainstorming—what can we replace these tired, rundown phrases with?
Written by Ami Angelowicz for The Frisky.