One of the challenges couples face is the need to spend time together in ways that are fresh, fun, and exciting. One of the challenges we face as individuals is the need to stay in shape, maintain our health and stay lean. Why not combine the two? Why can't you get fit and grow closer together as a couple at the same time? I see no reason why you can't. In fact, I know of quite a few ways in which you can burn fat, tone up, and have fun together. I want to share 5 of those ways with you here.
1. Go dancing together - Dancing is one of the best ways to move your body, burn fat, and connect with your partner. Dancing isn't just a great workout, it's also a way for you two to connect phsyically and to enhance the bond between you two. Every person has his or her own favorite style of dancing, so you need to try various styles until you find the one that suits you two.
2. Walking outdoors - Walking is a great sport and it's fantastic for couples since, unlike many other cardio workouts, you can actually talk while walking. You can walk to see a movie or go to a restaurant, you can walk around your local park, or you can hike together in nature. Walking is a low intensity sport that can help you burn lots of calories, tone your body, and, since you're doing it together, give you time to talk about your day without the distraction of home.
3. Rock climbing - There's something about climbing a wall when you're attached to a rope held by your partner that signifies the trust that exists between you. Even though you can't actually talk while you're climbing since one of you is up and the other is on the ground, it's a bond building workout. Oh, and it is also a great way to exercise, tone your muscles and shed some fat.
4. Become each other's workout partner - Having a workout partner is a great way to increase your commitment to your training routine. When you have another person who is expecting you to go to the gym a certain number of times each week, especially if that person is also your lover, you're going to make it, rain or shine. As long as you spend your time at the gym actually training and not just talking, you should do fine.
5. Do some extreme sports together - Rafting, for instance, can be a lot of fun. It is also physically hard. The good thing about extreme sports, on the romantic aspect, is that the sense of danger creates a strong emotional bond.
I hope that I've given you some ideas on what you can do in order to have more fun together as a couple and get fit at the same time. Please visit my site at WorldOfDiets.com to learn more fitness and fat loss tips.