...And are still together, decades later!
17-year-old Justin Bieber recently made headlines when he spoke about his girlfriend Selena Gomez and his desire to be a young dad. The general consensus seems to be that marrying young, whether you're a famous pop star or not, is a bad idea...But is it?
Yes, Hollywood marriages are notoriously short, but that doesn't mean that Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's relationship is doomed to implode. If they're lucky, they might just end up like one of the celebrity couples below, who only need to look across the dinner table whenever they want to reminisce about their high school sweethearts and first loves:
1. Ron Howard and Cheryl Howard - According to Yahoo Shine, when former child star-turned-Hollywood-director Ron Howard was a high school junior, his parents, no doubt concerned about the intensity of his relationship, banned him from seeing his girlfriend Cheryl more than twice a week. So, to get around the rule, Ron told his mom and dad that he had joined the school's cross-country track team and jogged over to Cheryl's house every morning before school. The couple got married in 1975, when Ron was just 21-years old, and have four children together, including daughter Bryce Dallas Howard.
2. Jon Bon Jovi and Dorothea Hurley - A rock star who has been married to the same woman for over 22 years? It might be hard to believe, but Bon Jovi has defied the stereotype that musicians make terrible husbands. In 1989, at the age of 27, Bon Jovi took time off of touring with his band to secretly elope with his high school sweetheart and the now-mother of his four kids, Dorothea Hurley, at a Las Vegas wedding chapel. Jon Bon Jovi In Bed With 4 Naked Girls
3. Bono and Ali Hewson - Bono's wife, Ali Hewson is the first one to admit that being married to her U2 frontman husband hasn't always been easy, but that their shared memories as childhood sweethearts in Ireland is what keeps their relationship strong. "Knowing someone's memories is when you really know them inside out—when you've grown up with them and made that journey through adulthood together," she once said. The couple wed in 1982, when Bono was just 22, and have been together ever since!
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Jennifer Aniston Will Be Married 'By The End Of The Year'
- Am I Wrong To Like Sex With Married Men?
- Way Too Many Married Couples Rarely Kiss