So, the remake of Footloose is coming out today. Personally, we think Kevin Bacon is still good-looking enough to star in it (he'd just need a little fashion upgrade). But, in this installment, newcomer Ren MacCormack stars opposite sexy 23-year-old, Julianne Hough, who plays Ariel, the rebellious preacher's daughter. We'll be going just to see the dance moves... who wouldn't want to have a body like Hough's with the ability to rock? Ryan Seacrest And Julianne Hough's Yacht PDA
To celebrate the occasion, we couldn't think of anything better than to honor those 80s coming-of-age dance movies that we all grew up with (well, some of us, anyways). Leave it to the classic storylines—a city boy and a country girl shaking things up in a small town, or a dark and dreamy Patrick Swayze schooling his Baby on the dance floor—to teach us all we ever needed to know about love and life. Here are 6 lessons we learned from two of the greatest 80s dance flicks!
More from YourTango: 'Game Of Thrones' Spoilers: What Happens To Daenerys In Season 4?
3 tips we learned from Footloose:
1. How to let loose. What better way to let loose than to dance and express yourself in a way that makes you happy?
2. Change isn't impossible. All it takes is one idea to set change in motion (it's the perfect job for you, especially if you're new to the scene).
3. Take a leap of faith. The preacher's daughter had faith in the new boy in town. Think about it, she had the most fun. So don't immediately reject people or ideas that are unfamiliar.
3 tips we learned from Dirty Dancing:
1. How to be sexy. This particular 80s movie still oozes sexiness, so why are they remaking it? What Do You Think Of The 'Dirty Dancing' Remake?
2. Don't hide in the corner. Patrick Swayze's famous line, "Nobody puts baby in a corner" teaches women everywhere to get themselves up on stage and rock it like it belongs to them. Note: this applies to all aspects of life.
3. No matter what stage of life, be alive. Jennifer Grey, the leading lady in the original movie, kicked up her heels in 2010, winning Dancing with the Stars with partner, Derek Hough (who happens to be the brother of Julianne Hough!). Dancing Can Improve Your Relationship
See? It all comes back around! Both the movies and love lessons of past decades can still be applied to today... and will probably still make big bucks at the box office.
More from YourTango: Who Is Alexandra Hedison, Jodie Foster's New Wife?
Tell us: what's your favorite 80s movie, and what lessons from the flick did you learn?
Photo Credit: IMDB