3. Cribbing Anything From A Romantic Comedy: Standing outside her window with a boom box blaring "In Your Eyes" ("Say Anything"). Telling her, with tears in your eyes, "You complete me" ("Jerry Maguire"). Forgetting to put on a condom because you're a dim stoner, knocking her up, and forcing her to settle ("Knocked Up"). Yes, many women love rom-coms and have even ooh-ed and ahh-ed about some of these over-the-top tear-jearking moments, but what we enjoy about them is the fantasy, not the reality. What To Do Instead: Instead of pitching a fit the next time she wants to go see the latest Drew Barrymore/Reese Witherspoon/Jennifer Aniston extravaganza, go with her and bring along some Sour Patch Kids. Love those! The Frisky: 8 Ways to Instantly Revive Your Romance
4. Calling Us Your "Girlfriend" Before We've Discussed It: You might think introducing the woman you've been seeing as "my girlfriend" will send her into gleeful hysterics, but if you haven't had "the talk," assuming and pronouncing that your relationship has reached a more serious level is straight-up disrespectful. Unfortunately, I think a lot of guys assume that women want every casual dating situation to evolve into a serious relationship and that deciding if and when it's reached GF/BF territory is his decision to make. Wrong. What To Do Instead: If you haven't had the talk, but are introducing her to people for the first time, don't label her—instead, focus on something that is awesome about her not you as a maybe-couple. "This is Jenny, she's a fantastic photographer. You should come check out her show." Alternatively, if you are feeling like you want to make things "official" with the woman you're seeing so that you can introduce her as your girlfriend, be the one to initiate the talk. That would be rad.
More from YourTango: Need A Hug? You Can Actually Pay Someone To Do That
5. Attempting To Make Out With Us In Public: Sometimes I think men assume that all women love public displays of affection and that by shoving their tongues down our throats, they're saying, "See, baby, I'm OK with the whole world seeing that I'm hot for you!" Actually, a lot of us find PDA gross and inappropriate. What To Do Instead: Go down on us on a very regular basis. OK, thanks.
There's more where that came from. Here are 10 more so-called "romantic" gestures that actually aren't beloved by women: The Frisky: Where Are All The Romantic Guys?
1. Buying us fancy jewelry that we would never actually wear.
2. Cooking us dinner when you can't even properly boil water—just take us out for something edible!
3. Red roses, boxes of chocolate, and teddy bears clutching hearts—just cheesy!
4. Writing us poetry. Chances are, you're no Pablo Neruda.
5. Taking a drive to nowhere. This always results in running out of gas, getting lost, and fighting over directions. Also, we have America's Next Top Model to get back to.
6. Drawing us a bath. We are not 4 years old.