What up, single readers? This week, we'd like to throw you an extra bit of love, in celebration of National Unmarried & Single Americans Week. That's right. This week, all of the 82 million single and unmarried adults in the United States are encouraged to revel in their singledom, and in all of the freedom and awesomeness that their single status affords them. (We love this because—honestly?—marriage shouldn't be seen as the be all, end all for everyone.) So. Just for you, we've rounded up some of our best posts on the single life, whether you're looking for ways to take advantage of your singledom, looking to find love or just looking to be be assured that you're not alone. (Because, obviously, you're not.)
1. What To Love About Being Single: Not all smug marrieds are... well... smug. Even those who have been happily married for years sometimes look back wistfully on the things they were able to do before they coupled up for good. Written by a recently married writer, this post mentions just some of the advantages to singlehood that you should never take for granted.
2. Single Life: 7 Ways To Stay Positive About Dating: Oh, dating. It can be a fun-making adventure or a despair-inducing horror. But at least the horror stories can make for some good laughs later on... right? Right?? Dating blogger Simone Grant thinks so and, in this post, she lists seven different ways to keep smiling along the road to true love (or at least a good fling).
3. Why It's Better To Be Single During The Holidays: We've started wearing tights and cardigans again so, obviously, the holidays are right around the corner! Which is why you'll find this post on being single during the holidays especially helpful. Revel in the fact that you'll end up with more money in your wallet, more French kisses under the mistletoe and more silent nights.
4. How To Meet Single Men And Women: In this episode of YourTango's newest video series—The Final Word—we asked several love and dating experts how the perpetually single should go about finding love. Click on over for the experts' great ideas!
5. Flying Solo: Top Single Girl Getaways: The single life is often about finding someone to make you un-single. Why not take advantage of the time you have to devote to friends—and go on a girls-only vacation? Because, while you shouldn't abandon your gal pals once you're coupled up, it does become increasingly difficult to find the time for everyone once you throw regular date nights into the mix. Check out these rather awesome-sounding getaways for girls only.