Who has time for the walk of shame when you have to go to work in the morning? I recently found myself at a date's place having an oh my god, it's morning?! moment about an hour before I needed to be at the office. In his bathroom? A bottle of mouthwash, a tub of hair goo and a razor. Luckily, I was prepared this time (showing up to a 10am meeting in a too-short-for-work LBD will teach you to get your act together fast) with a big purse and my morning-after kit.
More from YourTango: 9 Men Reveal Their Biggest Sex Regrets
1. Foundation: Even if you don't usually wear it, a little will go a long way in making you look more put-together than you feel. Dab it on tell-tale redness, splotchiness (hello, drunkypants!) and under-eye circles.
2. Dry shampoo: If he's got a blowdryer, knock yourself out and suds up. But if not, don't go into work with wet hair—it screams "I'm a total mess" and you know it. Instead, give your locks that freshly-washed look and smell with dry shampoo. I swear by Batiste—it doesn't leave any residue, even on dark hair, smells believably fresh, and makes hair look and feel super-soft.
3. Headband: Tousled sex hair looks hot... but not at lunch with a new client. A thin black headband will do wonders taming your locks and making you look presentable.
4. Colgate Wisps: These mini toothbrushes are a lifesaver. A no-water-necessary brush on one side and a pick on the other (don't forget to floss), plus a minty freshening bead that dissolves as you brush. Sure beats using your finger... or his mangy toothbrush. 4 DIY Beauty Secrets From His Medicine Cabinet
5 & 6. Leggings and a tank top: Yes, I really do carry this duo on most dates that I think may end at his place. Rolled up, they don't take up much more space than a makeup case, and between the two, they can transform last night's outfit into something passable for work (unless you're required to wear a suit to work—keep an outfit change at your office so you don't have to run to the nearest Saks at the crack of dawn). Case in point: this very morning, I'm rocking a mini-dress as a tunic over leggings and a black tank-top underneath that covers up my cleavage.
More from YourTango: The Best Book Gifts For Any Relationship Stage
7. Flats: You can't go wrong with a pair of basic black flats, whether you need to swap out your sexy date night heels or if your feet just need a break on your hobble over to the subway. For something super compact, try FootzyRolls—they're even tiny enough to fit into a clutch!
8 & 9. Deodorant and perfume: Because you don't want to smell like Old Spice. Go travel size with the deodorant and sample size with the perfume, and resist the temptation to overdo it with the fragrance. The only thing worse than smelling like gin at 10am is smelling like gin and too much perfume.