- Cook your rice in a rice steamer. You'll want to add a little more water than usual so that the rice flowers.
- Chop the herbs.
- Brown the garlic and sauté the onions in olive oil until the onions are transparent.
- When the rice has finished cooking, stir in the garlic, onions and herbs. Set to the side.
- Fire up the broiler or the BBQ. Prepare your mushrooms, drizzle each with a bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the mushroom caps until the meat of the shroom is tender, like a nice steak (about 15 minutes, just keep your eye on them)
- When mushrooms are done, fill the center of the mushroom where the stem had been removed with a mound of the rice mixture.
I served these with a fruit salad and mixed vegetables.
He loved the meal, and furthermore, I didn't kill him! We sat on my lawn and had a nice candlelit dinner on a warm summer night, the smell of earthy mushrooms and fresh herbs mingling with the cut grass and evening dew. The night was a success and marked a real beginning for the first relationship that I'd had in a very long time, and with someone who seemed to be my complete opposite. From our bellies to our hearts, we're very different, but I'm hoping that we'll find a middle ground somewhere in more than just the kitchen.
More from YourTango: Ex-Wife Of Exonerated Man Wants Cut Of Restitution Money