Men love wavy beach hair, here's how to get the look.
The dudes have spoken: their favorite hairstyle on a woman is thick, long waves—think Blake Lively's California girl mane. But if you're not naturally blessed with cascading surfer-girl waves—or can't afford Lively's stylist—you can still get the sexy beach look that guys love, at home in 5 easy steps:
1. Deep Conditioner: The key to this wild beach look is maximum wave and minimal frizz. This starts with healthy, moisturized hair. If your hair is fried from chlorine and sun, start by deep-conditioning it: Alberto VO5 Hot Oil Treatment is a great option under five bucks. If your hair needs a little more TLC, consider popping by your hair salon for a wash-and-dry and treat yourself to a deep conditioning treatment for a little extra.
2. Thickening Mousse: This look is all about bounce, waves, and sexy volume. If your hair needs a lift, prep it with thickening mousse post-shower. We swear by Got 2b's Fat-Tastic Plumping Mousse—just run a handful from roots to ends of damp hair, and comb through.
3. Surf Spray: Lucky for us, hair brands have figured out that we love beachy waves... and love to get them without dunking out heads in saltwater. A few spritzes of Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray on still-damp, towel-dried hair does the trick—it'll transform even the straightest strands into surf-chic waves. 5 Hair, Nail And Makeup Tips From A Guy
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 4 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyle Guys Love
- Sexy Hair: 10 Easy Styles For Date Night
- How To Create A Perfectly Polished Makeup Look For Date-Night