I've been reading Judy Ford's new book on being single. It's a great book and raised an interesting question: what would you do if you knew that you would never again be in a committed relationship? After thinking it over, I realized that I enjoy the freedom of being single, and that I have a very rich life. So my answer is that I would do pretty much what I'm doing now. That was a very empowering realization. Now I'm not saying that I actually will be single the rest of my life, but I'm committed to this: that if I do enter a serious relationship again, it will be a choice and not based on need, but on sharing what I have with someone special.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Let’s Be Real, Is It Impossible To Be Monogamous?
- Keep Calm And Stop Obsessing Over Finding Your Soulmate
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- In tests with hundreds of college students, girls ranked "how a guy smells" as the most important determining factor for attraction.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty