These famous fellas make friendship look good.
Long before "bromances" became the hot thing, dudes have been making male bonding cool. It's especially nice to see in the celebrity world, because what usually makes the news are the feuds rather than the friendships. But whether it's Vince Vaughn and his Frat Pack, Judd Apatow's gang, or Leonardo DiCaprio and his b-ball bleacher crew, the entertainment industry is full of great male friendships. Here now is just a sampling of those—five celebrity bromances we love right now.
1. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck - Despite other pals who came before them, like the Rat Pack and Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi, Matt and Ben are usually considered the godfathers of the celebrity bromance. At the '97 Academy Awards, the childhood friends not only shared an Oscar win, but they also made it cool for single guys to double date...with their moms. 6 Best Oscar Couples
2. Brad Pitt and George Clooney - These two Hollywood hunks met while shooting 2001's Ocean's Eleven and became fast friends (along with their bromance's "third wheel," Matt Damon). As if their friendship wasn't cute enough, the fact that both of these handsome men are like big kids who love to tease and prank each other makes their relationship all the more fun to watch.
3. Jay-Z and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith - Although Ty Ty, a former Def Jam exec, is best known for his work behind the scenes in the music biz, Jay-Z has lyrically shone the spotlight on his best pal in many of his songs, including "Empire State of Mind" and "Dead Presidents II." In fact, it seems that Jay-Z finds it easier talking publicly about his BFF than talking about his wife, Beyonce! Beyonce Admits She's Married To Jay-Z
4. Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett - You might not think you know Damon and Jamie, but you probably do. Although they initially disliked each other when they first met in 1990, Damon, the sexy, brooding lead singer of Britpop band Blur and Jamie, the adorably funny artist who created Tank Girl, ended up as roommates eight years later. Their bromance quickly blossomed along with their creativity, from which the hugely popular "virtual band," Gorillaz, was born.
5. Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaughey - We could babble on about how much we admire Lance or pretend that Matthew is a brilliant actor. But let's be honest. The reason we love this bromance so much is because Lance and Matthew tend to get shirtless when they're hanging out together. In full view of the paparazzi. Thank goodness.
Photo via OLYCOM/Bauer-Griffin.