6. Do or do not; there is no try. Or rather, stop pining away for Mr. Hot Stuff, and fruitlessly fluttering your eyelashes at him. It's okay for you to make the first move. Sex: Who Should Make The First Move?
7. You can fly a piece of crap spaceship and still win the heart of your dream girl. This one's for all the guys out there. Just so you know, your BMW Z4 convertible won't mean a damn thing to us if you're not also intelligent, thoughtful, caring and in possession of a cute butt. (Though if you're all of these things and more, we wouldn't mind going for a spin in that there convertible.)
More from YourTango: 8 Annoying Pickup Tactics We Are So Over
8. Being called a stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking, nerf herder can actually be a sign of affection. Especially if you date junior high guys. Or men who never fully matured. Or—to put it more kindly—men who have trouble showing their emotions or being mushy. (And this is why we can never tell whether or not we're in The Friend Zone.)
9. You must be careful when it comes to dating. If you don't do your homework before committing, you might end up lusting after your long-lost twin sister. Or dating a psychopath whose number one hobbies are binge drinking and gambling. Or marrying a man who doesn't want any of the things that you do. 9 Secrets A Healthy Couple Shouldn't Keep
10. Don't try to change him. We loved Star Wars. We obsessed over Star Wars. We wanted to make babies with Star Wars. And yet... we allowed the Star Wars prequels to happen. Why couldn't we leave well enough alone? Similarly, if we truly love someone, we should let them be. Attempts to change your man will only lead to resentment on his part, and eventual regret on yours. Remember why you fell in love with your man in the first place.
More from YourTango: How To Have A No-Stress 'Where Is This Going?' Talk
Any love lessons we missed? Let us know in the comments, and may the Fourth be with you.