5. Someone who will always replace the last Diet Coke in the fridge. And by that I mean someone who is thoughtful and knows that while I will tolerate a warm DC in an emergency, a cold one is so much more enjoyable. Likewise, said fellow would also clean the apartment before I come home from a weekend away and DVR my favorite TV shows if I forget.
6. Someone who will be happy to be a supporting character in my writing. This one is tough. I write about my life for a living and am still figuring out boundaries. But one thing is clear—the right person for me will "get it" and will not only be OK with it, but also will be proud.
7. Someone who wants children (and will be a kick-ass father). Like, wants them. Knows he wants them. Not someone who thinks he will want them "someday."
8. Someone who tells me I am beautiful. What makes someone beautiful, clearly, is subjective, but the dude I want will think I am. He will also think I have a great ass—because I do—and will smack it sometimes in the sack.
9. Someone who is really smart, but hopefully in different areas than I am. Some of the sexiest professions are in fields that I know nothing about—architects, firemen, cabana boys—and I love the idea of meeting someone who brings new ideas into my world and vice versa. Which is not to say I wouldn't love to date a writer—I would—but hopefully he is also a rocket scientist in his spare time.
10. Someone who went by the nickname "Cunnilingus Master" in college. I was serious about that.
Written by Amelia McDonell-Parry for The Frisky