6. Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes. Kate was yet another Best Actress winner to fall prey to the Oscar curse, as she and husband Sam Mendes separated in the spring, amid rumors that he was cheating on her. The lovely Kate bounced back a few months later, when she began dating hunky Burberry model Louis Dowler. Although word on the street was that Kate already had wedding #3 on the brain, the impossibly attractive couple recently called it quits. Kate Winslet Dumps Model Boyfriend
5. Speidi. In July, shortly after celebrating her one-year wedding anniversary to Spencer Pratt, Heidi Montag filed for divorce. Everyone assumed it was a publicity stunt, despite the couple's protests. Soon after, Spencer claimed to have a sex tape featuring Heidi and a Playboy playmate. When no one cared, Heidi called off the divorce in September, and the two finally admitted a month later that the "divorce" was all part of a plan to help further their careers and get them out of debt.
4. Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian. These two didn't divorce each other—instead they each divorced their spouses to be with one another. It's the kind of thing that happens in a movie, which is fitting, since the couple met while starring opposite each other in a film. At first they denied the romance, but later filed for divorce with their respective spouses within a week of each other.
3. Victoria Duffy and the Late, Great Dennis Hopper. Talk about a real downer: imagine you're terminally ill, months from dying of prostate cancer, teetering on a feeble 100-lb. frame and too weak to even carry on a conversation. That's probably the worst time to be divorcing your estranged fifth wife, right? But that was the reality for Dennis. The late Hollywood legend spent his last months coughing up child support and filing restraining orders and lawsuits against wife Vic Duffy. Not the way you would have imagined the Easy Rider kicking the bucket, though sadly that's how it went.
2. Sandra Bullock And Jesse James. Less than two weeks after Sandra nabbed the Best Actress Oscar for her role in The Blind Side, news broke that her seemingly devoted husband, Monster Garage's Jesse James, had an affair with tattoo model Michelle McGee. (That was quick, Oscar curse!) As the list of Jesse's mistresses grew (which, by some counts, topped out at 11), America's Sweetheart swiftly and quietly sought a divorce, which was officially granted in June. While Jesse immediately hooked up with Kat Von D, Sandra focused on raising her newly adopted son, Louis. Through her entire ordeal, the public rallied around Sandy, who remained the picture of class and grace under pressure.