6. Did someone say "instant gratification?" Getting your teeth whitened by a dentist delivers results that are apparent immediately. After a single 1.5 hour treatment, you can walk out of the dentist's office and flash your honey a smile that would put Kanye West's diamond-encrusted smirk to shame.
7. Effects that last longer than a celebrity marriage. Generally, teeth remain in tip-top white shape for about two years, assuming good hygiene and reasonable exposure to staining foods and beverages. However, results can vary depending on your personal habits (such as bi-hourly Americanos or sugary soda).
More from YourTango: The Meat-Free Zone: What Guys Really Think… Of Vegetarians
8. Bonus for cougars and panthers. Who needs Botox when a brighter smile tends to minimize the appearance of facial wrinkles?
9. Unlike that guy at the bar last night, taking it home will make you feel good. An alternative to an in-office procedure is the Custom Fit Tray Bleaching procedure. Your dentist takes an impression (mold) of your mouth, so that he or she can make a custom fitted plastic tray that you take home with you. A small amount of bleaching gel is placed in the custom-fit tray, and then worn over your teeth for one to two hours a day. One benefit of this route: Your loved ones and co-workers will be "eased in" to your shiny, new teeth.
10. It's popular. The demand for teeth whitening products has increased by more than 300% in the past five years. It's the most popular cosmetic dental procedure among patients between the ages of 20-50. Why? Because everyone benefits from a friendly, sparkling smile.
More from YourTango: Michele Bachmann's 12 Most WTF Comments On The LGBT Community
Sponsored by TopDentists.com.