5. Their brains. It's been scientifically proven that the male brain is different from the female brain. We're not sure if that's what makes them enjoy wedgies, football and Star Wars or not. Either way, their essential "maleness," and their appreciation for our "femaleness" makes us feel pretty special about being women—and that is awesome. Secrets Of The Male Mind: Ogling, Emotions And Sex
6. Their sense of humor. We love when they charm us with jokes, that they think bodily functions are funny (we sometimes do, too) and the fact that they make us laugh at our shortcomings and not take ourselves too seriously.
More from YourTango: When I Wouldn't Confront My Trust Issues, They Confronted Me
7. Their natural protectiveness. It makes us smile when they walk on the outside, nearest to the traffic, or extend a hand in order to help us up a steep incline or worry that we're going to get kidnapped. Because, even if we can totally protect ourselves because we've religiously followed a strict routine of kick-boxing and belly dancing, it's nice to feel taken care of.
8. Their clothes. Especially that giant, fuzzy sweater with navy blue stripes that's lined with fleece and that goes down to our knees and that—what? You can't find your sweater? Um…don't look at me.
9. Their dependability. Call it boring and predictable, but it's good to be with someone whose behavior is (at least most of the time) guided by logic and common sense rather than emotions. While it can be infuriating when he manages to maintain a completely calm demeanor in the face of your most melodramatic of meltdowns (don't you understand!?), it can also make you feel more secure.
More from YourTango: Skeletons In My Closet: Secrets Real Women Hide From Their Men
10. Their undying passion for us…even when we're wearing granny panties. In a world that values appearance over so many other traits, it's nice to know that men desire us even when we're wearing decidedly unsexy pajamas, haven't shaved our legs in a week and have an emerging zit in the center of our foreheads. After all, they're not so perfect themselves, and we still love them. When it comes down to it, we're not so different after all. 7 Body Parts Men Love—Just The Way They Are