I had been dating Jared a few weeks when my friends started questioning whether or not I'd made him up.
Jared was the awesome boyfriend they only heard about and never met. He cooked for me, we loved the same TV shows, he looked great in pajamas, we had great chemistry, and we could laugh for hours. There was only one problem with our relationship: I couldn't stand him once we were out of the comfort of our living rooms. lemondrop: lemondrop: Are You Dating A Jerk? Steve-O Decodes Relationship Excuses
Once we were in public, Jared turned into an obnoxious know-it-all, obsessed with showing everyone he met that he was well-versed in whatever they were talking about. He lectured people on his conspiracy theories, assumed every guy was trying to hit on me and—I kid you not—ordered extra garlic on anything he ate in front of others. He was what we here at Lemondrop like to call an "Indoor Boyfriend." lemondrop: Toxic Men—A Doctor-Approved Recipe For Steering Clear of Bad Boys
How do you know if the guy you're seeing is an Indoor Boyfriend? Here are a few clues:
- Have you ever uttered the phrase "He's a real sweetheart once you get to know him"?
- Do you and your boyfriend regularly get into really stupid fights on the way to social outings and end up just turning around and going home, where you watch TV and apologize to each other? lemondrop: Yes, Happy Couples Fight Too
Read more on lemondrop.
- Why We Love Bad Boys (Even When We Know Better)
- Girls Act Mean, Play Dumb Online
- Your Comprehensive Guide To The Resurgence Of The Manly Man
Written by Emily V. Gordon for lemondrop.