Step right up! Great love, loyalty, passion! And a no-boredom money-back guarantee!
Ten Tips on Love? Catchy, isn’t it? If only it were that simple – as easy as a sound bite, or the Idiot’s Guide to Love – ways to hop on and off the love-go-round and grab that brass ring once and for all. Step right up! Great love, loyalty, passion! And a no-boredom money-back guarantee!
We all want tips on love. Practical advice to help the guy get the girl, to rekindle the marital relationship, or to heal the broken heart.
When it comes to love (in all its incarnations), I feel like a veteran of foreign wars. And I know I’m not alone in that.
Plenty of us feel like we deserve a purple heart for heroic deeds, skirmishes survived, and past service. So… is that it? Am I done? Are you?
Hmm. As for me, probably not. You never know what might be just around the corner – online, at the local Starbucks, or your favorite bookstore. But I don’t think there are easy tips, at any age. Top Ten Places to Meet Men
When you’ve been through romance, marriage, divorce, possibly remarriage – hopefully you get a little wiser. I know I’ve learned a few things. Among them, that we can all be (happily) surprised! Last spring I was talking on the phone to my 75-year old aunt, widowed after forty years of marriage. She’d met someone, and was in love. How cool is that? How to Attract a Man and Keep Him Coming Back for More
My OMG moments this week were overflowing with mixed emotions. I sent one teen off to college, just as I was processing the shock over my 16-year old’s blossoming babe magnet status. I’m holding my breath, on all counts…
A simpler approach
I don’t think love is ever simple. Not parental love, not friendship love, and certainly not romantic love in all its shades and variations.
Ten tips on love? Don’t think so. But I do believe we can give ourselves a better chance at finding and keeping love the next time around, with a few things I’ve learned along the way.
- Know yourself. The more you know about what melts your heart, the easier it is to let down your guard. And if your gut is telling you to walk away, do it. Quickly.
- Statistics and logistics. It’s common sense. If you live where the ratio of potential partners is in your favor, you stand a better probability of meeting someone to love. Four hours apart and six kids between you? The logistics aren’t in your favor.
- Social and communication skills. If you’re outgoing and easy to talk to, you’re more likely to engage and be engaged, so the odds go up of meeting all kinds of people, including potential partners. Listening and talking (both) will help sustain a relationship, once you’re in it. Or let you know it’s time to move on. Do You Know How to Work a Room?
- Most of us have a physical type – whatever the reason for it, I think it tends to stick. Going against type – physically – may leave you wanting. (Personally, I think it’s a mistake to go against physical type, unless sex is unimportant to you.)
- We also have an emotional type – though it changes as we gain experience and our perceptions evolve. Perhaps it’s one of the reasons that people don’t mate for life – and shouldn’t be faulted for it. Needs change. It’s neither good nor bad. It just “is.”
What more can I offer?
After a pretty exhausting week of goodbyes, hellos, more goodbyes, too many trips to the airport, too many tears on the train – I think it’s Bloody Mary time, heavy on the fresh ground pepper.
Other than that, all I can offer is a sense of humor (on a good day), and hot shoes, anytime – just in case…
Written by Ms.Big for Divorced Women Online
More on Love, Life and Divorce from Divorced Women Online
What Kind of Man Wants Serious With a Single Mom?
And Just Like That, Love May Enter Your Life
That Ever Illusive Intimate Connection